Duke West Term 2 2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Duke West Term 2 2008

A little space isolated from the rest of the world where the members of Duke West Term 2 2008 can reunite.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dorms of West

Go down 
+6
StephanieHsiang
Joyce
ZadiaD
Brian Son
coolbluetiger05
Ch0sen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:03 pm

It was my second time coming, and I was used to the simplicity of Davidson's dorms. When I first came to Kilgo, my first thought was "WTF is Kilgo?!" and my second thought was "...I'm never going to find my way around..."

Needless to say, I got around both of those questions.
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/Ch0sen_fate
coolbluetiger05
Average User
Average User

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm

hahah....yeah i felt the same. i was like is kilgo a name or something??

~<3 Anjali
Back to top Go down
Brian Son
TIP Invitee
TIP Invitee
Brian Son

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 am

I want your body Wang. That being said, I got lost my first day at west and met alan. I thought he was a complete faggot and ditched him to watch the fifa world cup finals in o commons.
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:40 am

LMFAO. Sorry. This body stays D:

First day I just sat in my bed trying to adjust to jet lag. I just got home from Taiwan like 2 days before TIP started.
Back to top Go down
ZadiaD
Recruit
Recruit
ZadiaD

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 pm

lolz i have such a bad sense of direction, it took me like the first week before i could actually find my room at any given time...i kept on ending up on the 3rd floor in like P or something and i would be like 'where the heck am i??'
Back to top Go down
Joyce
Newcomer
Newcomer
Joyce

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Yeah, It's pretty roundabout and confusing, but you get used to it. Very Happy The architecture is a bonus, though.

>_> Is it just me, or do the public showers seem like a disgusting ordeal that you are forced to go through every day? Bleh, I hate those little stalls. *cringe*
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Yeah, I especially hated those little flying...bug...thingies...cause I didn't know if they were harmful or not...so every time before a shower, I would play it safe and kill all of the ones in my shower. Which would always be around like...10... >_>
Back to top Go down
ZadiaD
Recruit
Recruit
ZadiaD

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm

there were flying bugs in your shower??? thats disgusting...there were none in mine...there was just no water pressure...
Back to top Go down
StephanieHsiang
Student
Student

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Geez, now I know that I'm not the only one who thinks the same. I like how at Davidson, one "hall" meant the floor that you were on. Here, it's just the people in your RC group.

While on the subject of comparing Davidson with Duke, it was a lot easier to go around. I always get so lost at Duke. Even on the last day, I kept getting lost. Plus all of the pointless stairs...
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:46 pm

I KNOW! What the hell were those stairs for?! Complete waste of...whatever they used!

Our restrooms were like...bug infested...or something...
Back to top Go down
ZadiaD
Recruit
Recruit
ZadiaD

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:01 pm

speaking of bugs, did those weird bees that drank garbage juice ever actually sting anyone? i dont think theyre really bees...
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:11 pm

They were Yellow jackets. And yeah, they stung someone during the scavenger hunt. They stung one person and it just so happened that that one person was allergic -.-;;
Back to top Go down
catherine
Recruit
Recruit
catherine

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:55 pm

haha, my poor roommate Camille got stung on the ear. it was really funny.
Back to top Go down
SophieChen
TIPster-to-be
TIPster-to-be
SophieChen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:15 pm

i used to step on those!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 pm

...I saw.... XP
Back to top Go down
Brian Son
TIP Invitee
TIP Invitee
Brian Son

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:11 am

Yea I hated the showers there. It took so long to shower cuz there was no water pressure. And me, roland, and alan had a blast punching the bee's or yellow jackets or whatever they were.
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 am

Some of our showers were stuck on hot or stuck on cold. Water pressure was fine for us though.

And Brian, you seriously need a picture on here man.
Back to top Go down

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Those effing bees! One stung me on the ear. It hurt like fuuudge. Honestly, I think it hurt more than getting my cartilage pierced.
Back to top Go down
SophieChen
TIPster-to-be
TIPster-to-be
SophieChen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:40 pm

yeah, i learned the hard way that showering first in the morning = cold water for 10 min
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Meh. I guess it's a good thing for me that I'm used to cold showers then. Hot showers melt me >_>
Back to top Go down
Peter Yom
Exceptional Pupil
Exceptional Pupil
Peter Yom

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:54 pm

whoa our showers were actually really good
like the water pressure was fine and the temperature was whatever u wanted it to be
Back to top Go down
SophieChen
TIPster-to-be
TIPster-to-be
SophieChen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:38 pm

did you ever shower FIRST though?
Back to top Go down
Brian Son
TIP Invitee
TIP Invitee
Brian Son

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:23 pm

I thought they turned off the hot water on the leaving day of tip cuz i took a shower pretty early after pulling an all nighter and it wouldn't get warm.
Back to top Go down
Ch0sen
Admin
Admin
Ch0sen

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Meh. Not surprised. They already cut the costs on some of the most important things (E.G. FOOD Evil or Very Mad ) >___>
Back to top Go down
Brian Son
TIP Invitee
TIP Invitee
Brian Son

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:34 pm

It would have been easier if they had just let us go to all the fast food places around the great hall
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dorms of West Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dorms of West   The Dorms of West Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dorms of West
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duke West Term 2 2008 :: Three Weeks of a Lifetime :: First Impressions-
Jump to: